Class Meeting: 06:05 - 08:10pm, Tuesday
Classroom: 137 Ingersoll Hall Extension
Review Topics II (2 of 2)
The Structure of the Exam
- Final Exam is cumulative.
- For all topics, you should be able to gain sufficient
competency so that you can complete all the homework questions
and exercises independently very well with confidence.
- Questions for the most part will resemble the exercises and homework assignment questions.
- All items in Review I
Sections in the Textbook
- Sections 4.1 - 4.2
- Sections 4.3 - 4.4, and 4.8
- Sections 5.1 - 5.2, 5.5 - 5.6
- channel allocation problem; characteristics of network traffic; static channel allocation; dynamic channel allocation; multiple access protocols
- CSMA/CD; Ethernet; MACA; CSMA/CA;
- LAN switching
- packet switching (concept, datagram, virtual circuit, and source routing)
- internetworks, basics of the Internet, and (intradomain) routing
Homework and Exercises
- Questions 2 and 3 in Chapter 4 of the textbook
- Exercises C12a-1, C12a-2
- Exercises C13a-1, C13a-2, C13a-3, C13b-1, C13b-2, and C13b-3
- Exercises C14a-1, C14a-2, C14a-3, C14a-4, C14b-1, and C14b-2